As a Meat Cutter, you would expect to trim meat to size using hand tools and power equipment, for example grinder and cubing machine. Ensure meats are of sufficient quality and trimming of primal cuts, making ground meat out of trimmings from the primal cuts, ensuring meat cuts are displayed in an eye-catching manner.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
– Using knives and power equipment, cuts and/or packages authorized beef, pork and poultry items according to Leppink’s polices and procedures.
– Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various heavy objects throughout the shift.
– Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
– Accurately and efficiently wrap, weigh, package and label products.
– Properly fill, rotate and merchandise meat shelves, cases and displays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.